Sun at Six offers free shipping for all full-priced items shipped within the continental US. We use a few different shipment methods depending on the size of the pieces in your order.
For smaller pieces, we ship via USPS and UPS which deliver to the main entrance of your delivery address. USPS and UPS require a signature from someone at the delivery address. Please check the tracking info and your door for a notice to see if a delivery attempt is made while you’re away. USPS and UPS will hold onto your piece and allow you to reschedule deliveries for a set amount of time before your item is returned to our warehouse and we will have to charge for a re-delivery.
For larger pieces, we ship via specialized furniture freight carriers. These carriers will call, email, or text ahead of time to schedule a day and time for your delivery. There are two types of deliveries:
• Threshold: the delivery is made through the first door of the address (i.e a garage or porch) or to the lobby of an apartment building or condo.
• White Glove: the delivery is made directly to the room of your choice. The furniture will be unpacked, assembled if necessary (i.e. our dining table and beds), and the packaging will be removed from your space.
If a delivery date and time cannot be scheduled with the freight carrier, storage can be accommodated at a price-per-day fee. All customers are responsible for any and all storage fees incurred. Fees may also apply if you miss your scheduled delivery date. If you have any questions about how the delivery process works, send us an email or DM!
Shipping takes about 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the item and carrier. We currently ship to the 48 states in the contiguous United States. We do not ship to P.O. boxes. Please note that while we prepare your order for shipment immediately, it can take large furniture carriers around 5-10 business days to pick-up your order. If you have a deadline for receiving your furniture, please contact us before placing your order so we can help!
We’re so grateful that you chose Sun at Six to be a part of your home and we hope that you love your new furniture. But… life doesn’t always work out how we planned it. If you find yourself needing to return an item, we’re happy to work with you through the process.
If you’re still on the cusp of deciding — finish, size, style — email or DM! We’d love to help you with your decision, send you additional photos or videos, or mail swatches so you can experience our finishes and fabrics in person. Finish and fabric color changes based on lighting in the photo; natural light, fluorescent, incandescent, the yellowness of the lightbulb, wall color, all affect how the photo turns out, so check different pieces on the site to see a range of how the finish will look. If the final color isn't to your liking, we accept returns based on our return policy below.
• In order to make a return, you must have the original packaging. Unfortunately, without the original packaging the item is likely to return damaged and in an irreparable state. If you’re ordering a large item that comes with white glove delivery, make sure you tell the delivery team you’d like to keep all packaging.
• We accept returns within 15 days of receipt. It sometimes takes a few days to set up a return shipping pickup, so as long as you email us within 15 days we’ll honor the return.
• 25% of the original purchase price will be deducted from your refund as a restocking fee to cover labor, inspection, repackaging, and warehousing. Pieces returned damaged or in less than original condition are subject to additional fees to be assessed upon receipt.
• Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping, but we can help you arrange the return shipment. Considering a purchase but want to know how much it might cost for you to return something? Email or DM us!
• Notable exceptions: we do not accept returns on custom pieces. We also do not accept returns for any trade program orders (regardless of whether the pieces are custom or not).
To Return Undamaged Items:
Email us with your request for return along with the associated order number. Returned items must include all original packaging when shipping the product back. Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping. If the product is damaged upon receipt, the customer will be charged depending on the extent of the damage.
To Return Defective Items:
Email us photos of the issue along with associated order number and preferred remediation (exchange or return). Sun at Six will review the photos to confirm the manufacturing defect. If confirmed, we will issue a refund or replacement piece. Claims regarding manufacturing defects must be emailed to us within 5 days of receiving the order.
To Return Items Damaged During Transit:
Please see our Freight Damage Policy below.
Freight Damage Policy
Sometimes damage can occur in transit. Please follow the freight damage policy and procedures if damage occurs. We know these steps can look intimidating, so we appreciate you following them! Unfortunately, without following these steps, we are unable to resolve product issues related to freight damage with the carrier.
Any claim of damaged or missing items must be reported to email@example.com within 5 days of receiving the shipment. Any claim of damaged or missing items after the 5-day period cannot be honored.
Damage must be noted in writing on the carrier's delivery electronic receipt. If you sign a freight bill or receipt without written notice of damage or delivery issues we are unable to process a claim. If damage is only verbally reported to the carrier, we are unable to process a damage claim, as carriers will not allow us to submit damage claims without written notice. Please:
• Inspect and verify your shipment immediately upon arrival and (if delivered via White Glove Delivery) after the carrier has set up your piece.
• Look for hidden damages.
• Take multiple photos of any damage.
• Note damage or shortage on freight bill or receipt.
• Keep a copy of the freight bill or receipt, and take a photo for yourself.
• Keep all boxes and original packaging; they are required to process a claim.
• For approved returns, you are responsible for repacking items in original packaging.
We accept exchanges within 15 days of receipt. Because furniture shipping is so expensive, we have to treat exchanges as returns: customers are responsible for return shipping of the original item and outbound shipping of the new item. For reference, the actual cost of shipping one way can be anything from around $115 for a chair to $350 for a large table, so please keep this in mind when making a decision. Returned items must be in original condition and original packaging. If the product is damaged upon receipt, the customer will be charged depending on the extent of the damage.
We accept order cancellations for 24 hours after the order is placed. Because we prepare items for shipment immediately after orders are placed, cancellations made after this period are subject to a 10% fee. If an order has already shipped, cancellations are accepted on a case by case basis and will be treated as returns.
For custom and made to order items, we cannot accept cancellations after production has begun!