Sun at Six offers free shipping for all full-priced items shipped within the continental US. We use USPS and UPS for standard delivery service for our smaller pieces, which delivers to the main entrance of the specified delivery address.
USPS and UPS require a signature from someone at the delivery address. Please check the tracking info and your door for a notice to see if a delivery attempt is made while you’re away. USPS and UPS will hold onto your piece and allow you to reschedule deliveries for a set amount of time before your item is returned to our warehouse and we will have to charge for a re-delivery.
For larger pieces, we ship via specialized furniture freight carriers. They will give you a call ahead of time to schedule a day and time for threshold delivery into your home, which is through the first door of the address or the lobby of an apartment building/condo. We can do white glove delivery as well - please send us an email and we can get that set up for you!
Shipping takes about 2-3 weeks, depending on the size of the item and carrier. We currently ship to the 48 states in the contiguous United States. We do not ship to P.O. boxes.
If a delivery date and time cannot be scheduled with the freight carrier, storage can be accommodated at a price-per-day fee. All customers are responsible for any and all storage fees incurred.
We’re so grateful that you chose Sun at Six to be a part of your home and we hope that you love your new furniture. But… life doesn’t always work out how we planned it. If you find yourself needing to return an item, we’re happy to work with you through the process.
If you’re still on the cusp of deciding – finish, size, style – email or DM us! We’d love to help you with your decision, send you additional photos or videos, or mail swatches so you can experience our finishes and fabrics in person. Finish and fabric color changes based on lighting in the photo; natural light, fluorescent, incandescent, the yellowness of the lightbulb, wall color, all affect how the photo turns out, so check different pieces on the site to see a range of how the finish will look. If the final color isn't to your liking, we accept returns based on our return policy below.
• In order to make a return, you must have the original packaging. Unfortunately, without the original packaging the item is likely to return damaged and in an irreparable state. If you’re ordering a large item that comes with White Glove delivery, make sure you tell the delivery team you’d like to keep all packaging.
• We accept returns within 15 days of receipt. It sometimes takes a few days to set up a return shipping pickup, so as long as you email us within 15 days we’ll honor the return.
• 25% of the original purchase price will be deducted from your refund as a restocking fee to cover labor, inspection, repackaging, and warehousing. Pieces returned damaged or in less than original condition are subject to additional fees to be assessed upon receipt.
• Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping. Considering a purchase but want to know how much it might cost for you to return something? Email or DM us!
• Notable exceptions: we do not accept returns on custom pieces. We also do not accept returns for any trade program orders (regardless of whether the pieces are custom or not).
We’re here to help. Email or DM us if you have any questions, are unsure about your purchase, or just want to say hi :)
To Return Undamaged Items:
Email us with your request for return along with the associated order number. Returned items must include all original packaging when shipping the product back. Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping. If the product is damaged upon receipt, the customer will be charged depending on the extent of the damage.
To Return Defective Items:
Email us photos of the issue along with associated order number and preferred remediation (exchange or return). Sun at Six will review the photos to confirm the manufacturing defect. If confirmed, we will issue a refund or replacement piece. Claims regarding manufacturing defects must be emailed to us within 5 days of receiving the order.
To Return Items Damaged During Transit:
Please see our Freight Damage Policy below
Freight Damage Policy
Sometimes damage can occur in transit. Please follow the freight damage policy and procedures if damage occurs. We know these steps can look intimidating, so we appreciate you following them! Unfortunately, without following these steps, we are unable to resolve product issues related to freight damage with the carrier.
Any claim of damaged or missing items must be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receiving the shipment. Any claim of damaged or missing items after the 5-day period cannot be honored.
Damage must be noted in writing on the carrier's delivery electronic receipt. If you sign a freight bill or receipt without written notice of damage or delivery issues we are unable to process a claim. If damage is only verbally reported to the carrier, we are unable to process a damage claim, as carriers will not allow us to submit damage claims without written notice. Please:
• Inspect and verify your shipment immediately upon arrival and (if delivered via White Glove Delivery) after the carrier has set up your piece
• Look for hidden damages
• Take multiple photos of any damage
• Note damage or shortage on freight bill or receipt
• Keep a copy of the freight bill or receipt, and take a photo for yourself
• Keep all boxes and original packaging; they are required to process a claim
• For approved returns, you are responsible for repacking items in original packaging.
We accept exchanges within 15 days of receipt. Because furniture shipping is so expensive, we have to treat exchanges as returns: customers are responsible for return shipping of the original item and outbound shipping of the new item. For reference, the actual cost of shipping one way can be anything from around $115 for a chair to $350 for a large table, so please keep this in mind when making a decision. Returned items must be in original condition and original packaging. If the product is damaged upon receipt, the customer will be charged depending on the extent of the damage.
We accept order cancellations for 24 hours after the order is placed. Because we ship items immediately after orders are placed, cancellations made after this 24 hour period will be treated as returns, with customers paying return shipping and a 25% restocking fee. Returned items must be in original condition and original packaging.
For custom and made to order items, we cannot accept cancellations after production has begun!
Sun at Six